Benchtop X-Y Mortiser 1/2″ Chuck Capacity 1/2Hp 34-260 Rikon, Manufactured in China.
How do you drill square holes? With a mortiser! These specially designed, drill press-type machines use a drill bit housed inside of a square chisel to perform this feat. The drill bit starts boring a hole in your wood, then immediately the square chisel follows – forming the square shape, while its interior bevel forces the excess wood that is remaining in the corner sections into the spinning drill bit. The drill’s flutes then carry away the cut chips up and out of the mortise. All this is done in seconds, permitting you to cut accurate mortises for furniture, cabinetry, doors, shutters and more.
Benchtop X-Y Mortising Machine #34-260 gives precision positioning of your work for boring mortises because of the sliding, X-Y axis table. Front controls move the table either forward-and-back, or side-to-side along the dual dovetail ways. The front clamp pushes work against the cast iron rear fence, as well as acting as a hold down.
- Powerful 1/2 HP motors will handle cutting the hardest wood
- Dovetail column ways give smooth vertical travel for boring
- Piston-assist feed return regulates plunge and release speed for safety
- Long, multi-position handle gives great leverage for advancing the chisels
- Keyed Chucks have guards for added safety
- Adjustable depth stop provides extra control for drilling
- Adjustable length stops keep repeat/multiple drillings consistent
- Machined tables give solid support of work pieces
- Hold downs keep work from lifting when chisels are withdrawn
- Cast iron fences adjust forward and back for setting of drill locations
- Cast iron base, column and housing reduces vibration
- Holes in the base for mounting to a bench or stand
- Tool rest holds chisels and tools for quick access
- Housing is bored to hold 1” shanks, and includes 5/8” & 3/4” bushings
- Includes 1/4”, 5/16”, 3/8” and 1/2” chisels and drill bits
RIKON Benchtop X-Y Mortiser
Motor 1/2 HP TEFC
Amps/Hertz 2.4, 50HZ
Motor Speed 1400Rpm
Chuck Capacity 1/2″(1.5 – 13mm)
Chuck Type Keyed
Chisel shank Diameter 1” (3/4” (19mm) & 5/8” (16mm) bushings)
Chisel Range 1/4"(6.35mm) , 5/16”(8mm), 3/8”(9.5mm), 1/2″(12.7mm)
Chisel Stroke 19mm
Table Size (Width x Depth) 178mm x 210mm
Maximum Clamping / Hold down Width 98mm
Maximum Height under Chisel 127mm
Maximum Mortise Depth 76mm
Table movement Left to Right 168mm
Table Movement Back to Front 102mm
Fence Size 50mm Height x 179mm
Overall Size (L x W x H) 571.5mm x 552.5mm x 825.5mm
Base Size (Approx.) 273mm Width x 317.5mm depth
Net Weight 39kg
RIKON Power Tools Australia (“Seller”) warrants to only the original retail consumer/ purchaser of our products that each product be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of five (5) years from the date the product was purchased at retail. This warranty may not be transferred.
This warranty does not apply to defects due directly or indirectly to misuse, abuse, negligence, accidents, repairs, alterations, lack of maintenance or normal wear and tear. Under no circumstances will Seller be liable for incidental or consequential damages resulting from defective products. All other warranties, expressed or implied, whether of merchantability, fitness for purpose, or otherwise are expressly disclaimed by Seller. This five-year warranty does not cover products used for commercial, industrial or educational purposes. The warranty term for these claims will be limited to a two-year period.
This limited warranty does not apply to accessory items such as blades, drill bits, sanding discs, grinding wheels, guide bearings or belts and other related items.
Seller shall in no event be liable for death, injuries to persons or property, or for incidental, contingent, special, or consequential damages arising from the use of our products.
To take advantage of this warranty proof of purchase documentation, which includes date of purchase and an explanation of the complaint, must be provided.
The Seller reserves the right to effect at any time, without prior notice, those alterations to parts, fittings, and accessory equipment which they may deem necessary for any reason whatsoever.