#280/#1500 Combination Cerax Waterstone by Suehiro
The Cerax combination water stone is a great all-round solution for honing and sharpening edged tools. Manufactured by Suehiro in Niigata Japan, Cerax stones are renowned for their fast cutting surface and longevity.
This combination stone's extremely coarse #280 grit side is intended for heavy material removal and re-grinding of damaged edges. Its #1500 grit side removes the marks made by the grinding side and prepares the edge for final honing, though a well-prepared edge can be used fresh off the #1500 side.
Suehiro's Cerax range is widely used across the wood working and culinary professions. These stones are made from slow-wearing ceramic particles packed inside durable binders that are capable of abrading both high carbon steel and hard tool steels, including chromium and vanadium alloys.
The housing incorporates rubber feet for safety and stability when sharpening. With features to suit an array of uses, it is easy to see why the Cerax Water stone is a best seller.
For best results, we recommend regular flattening with a lapping plate. We make our own using glass plates and adhesive backed sandpaper.
- Double sided #280 and #1500
- Ships in a hard plastic housing with rubber feet for stability while sharpening and ease of storage. Included is a small nagura stone for working up slurry to speed the sharpening process.
- Submerge stone in water for at least 5-10 minutes prior to use.
- Do not keep this stone in water for long periods of time.
- Dimensions: #280 side 187 x 63 x 13mm #1500 side 187 x 63 x 16mm