Benchtop Mortiser 1/2″ Chuck Capacity 1/2Hp 34-255 Rikon, Manufactured in China.
How do you drill square holes? With a mortiser! These specially designed, drill press-type machines use a drill bit housed inside of a square chisel to perform this feat. The drill bit starts boring a hole in your wood, then immediately the square chisel follows – forming the square shape, while its interior bevel forces the excess wood that is remaining in the corner sections into the spinning drill bit. The drill’s flutes then carry away the cut chips up and out of the mortise. All this is done in seconds, permitting you to cut accurate mortises for furniture, cabinetry, doors, shutters and more.
Benchtop Mortising Machine #34-255 provides a wide, machined cast iron base with pull-out side extensions for extra work piece support. Innovative roller clamps keep your stock against the back fence, but allow the work to move left or right without having to unclamp the rollers. Fence is easily positioned with its geared lever. Operating handle is spring loaded, so that it can be quickly adjusted to different
- Powerful 1/2 HP motors will handle cutting the hardest wood
- Dovetail column ways give smooth vertical travel for boring
- Piston-assist feed return regulates plunge and release speed for safety
- Long, multi-position handle gives great leverage for advancing the chisels
- Keyed Chucks have guards for added safety
- Adjustable depth stop provides extra control for drilling
- Adjustable length stops keep repeat/multiple drillings consistent
- Machined tables give solid support of work pieces
- Hold downs keep work from lifting when chisels are withdrawn
- Cast iron fences adjust forward and back for setting of drill locations
- Cast iron base, column and housing reduces vibration
- Holes in the base for mounting to a bench or stand
- Tool rest holds chisels and tools for quick access
- Housing is bored to hold 1” shanks, and includes 5/8” & 3/4” bushings
- Includes 1/4”, 5/16”, 3/8” and 1/2” chisels and drill bits
- Safety on/off switch with removable security tab
- Rikon 5 Year Limited Warranty
RIKON Benchtop Mortiser
Motor 1/2 HP TEFC
Type Benchtop RPM 1,400
Chisel Shank Diameter 25mm(With 16mm & 19mm Bushings)
Chisel Stroke 146mm
Chisel Range (Included) 1/4”, 5/16”, 3/8”, 5/8”
Hold Down Length from Fence 76mm
Max. Hold Down Stock Height 127mm
Roller Clamps Diameter (2) 63.5mm
Maximum Stock Width 216mm
Chuck Type Keyed
Chuck Capacity 1/2"
Table Size 273mm x 317mm
Side Extension Size (2) 32mm x 173mm
Table Width with Extensions 676mm
Fence Size 67mm x 349mm
Overall Height 781mm Width 695mm Depth 559mm
Base Size 249mm x 450mm
Net Weight 38 kg
RIKON Power Tools Australia (“Seller”) warrants to only the original retail consumer/ purchaser of our products that each product be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of five (5) years from the date the product was purchased at retail. This warranty may not be transferred.
This warranty does not apply to defects due directly or indirectly to misuse, abuse, negligence, accidents, repairs, alterations, lack of maintenance or normal wear and tear. Under no circumstances will Seller be liable for incidental or consequential damages resulting from defective products. All other warranties, expressed or implied, whether of merchantability, fitness for purpose, or otherwise are expressly disclaimed by Seller. This five-year warranty does not cover products used for commercial, industrial or educational purposes. The warranty term for these claims will be limited to a two-year period.
This limited warranty does not apply to accessory items such as blades, drill bits, sanding discs, grinding wheels, guide bearings or belts and other related items.
Seller shall in no event be liable for death, injuries to persons or property, or for incidental, contingent, special, or consequential damages arising from the use of our products.
To take advantage of this warranty proof of purchase documentation, which includes date of purchase and an explanation of the complaint, must be provided.
The Seller reserves the right to effect at any time, without prior notice, those alterations to parts, fittings, and accessory equipment which they may deem necessary for any reason whatsoever.